Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Introduction - 简介

I had started a series of discussions on this topic on New Threads (www.xys.org), a popular web media in Chinese. The editor of New Threads, Dr. Fang, is a renowned scientist who devotes his career to the fighting of fraud and misconduct in science in mainland China. I trust his judgment and editing. I decide to post all my discussions on his website first. If for any reason he decides that my posts are inappropriate, I may choose not to post them on this blog, of course with the exception of English versions.

I will write in both Chinese and English. Since I am the original author for both versions, I will not translate the original articles. In such a manner I can save time from word-to-word translations and devote more time to appropriate writing and expressing myself clearly. I will match the articles closely in content and arguments; therefore, the readers do not need to read both versions on the same sub-topics.

My English versions will most likely lag behind my Chinese articles. Because my primary audience is Chinese people, especially those who have a direct interest in Chinese health care, my Chinese general public version articles have a top priority in my writing schedule. Because of my training and background, I have no excuse not to add academic writings to back up my claims and arguments in the articles. There comes my second priority, the discussions will be carried on in scholarly articles, some of which I may pursue publication in academic journals, simultaneously or subsequently. Last but not the least is the English version of those articles, through which I wish to reach the audience who has a genuine interest in the Chinese health care system. The intensity and time commitment to produce academic articles may delay my production of such articles. So for the readers, it is reasonable to expect my English version of the public-oriented articles before the scholarly articles.

Inside my series of articles, you will see two threads: the main thread centers on the so-named health care crisis and the companion thread explains and highlights core concepts that I have used in my main articles. The order of those articles is arbitrary, depending on my interest in the sub-topic at the time of writing, instead of suggesting structural arrangement.

My current working situation does not permit me to devote excessive amount of time to this project. I have no way to guarantee a timely production of discussions to be posted. I will do my best to maintain a live discussion and make progresses on the project.

I thank people for their comments, either showing support or voting against me. I have no interest in fighting or name-calling people who cannot present coherent arguments with facts and logic reasoning. I specially thank people who help me to gather additional data, facts, and materials related to the topic and those who bring corrections of my view and other insight of the Chinese health care situations to me.

The following is the above introduction in Chinese.

我在新语丝网站上首先发表了数篇这一系列的文章。新语丝的主持人与编辑是众所周知的方舟子,出于对他的敬意和信任,我将一如继往地在新语丝上发表后续文章,并且以之作为是否适宜发表的指南来决定是否将该文章在博客上推出。

我会同时维持中文与英文版的文章,由于我就是原作者,我将不会照章翻译原文,而是尽量在各自的语言环境中写作,以求尽量达意与合乎语言习惯。但总体而言,不同语言版本的文章在内容与论点上是相同的。读者只需要阅读其中一个版本即可。

英文版的推出在时间上可能要迟后中文版许多。我的主要读者群体是中国人,尤其是那些与中国医疗体系有直接利益关系的人,因此我的中文大众版始终在我的写作计划中占优先地位。由于我的专业背景,我觉得有必要针对这些讨论添加学术性的写作,以求进一步支持我的讨论中的观点,我可能会发展那些学术的写作成为发表文章。在普通版本基础上的学术版就在我的写作计划中占次要地位。最后我希望我的那些讨论能与所有关心中国医疗卫生环境的人分享,所以我会将所有文章推出英文版。学术性文章有更高的工作强度与时间要求,尽管在我的写作计划中占次要地位,读者还是可能要先看到那些公众版文章的英文版,再见到进一步的学术性文章。

在我所作的这些文章中,你将看到两种文章,一是主体性的文章,构成我对医疗卫生危机的认识,二是释义性的文章,侧重于解释我曾用到的某些概念。文章的序号取决于我在写作时人兴趣与速度,没有太多结构上的意义。

我现在的工作不允许我对这个项目投入过多的时间与精力,我不能保证我所撰写的这一系列文章能按时推出,但我将尽力而为,力求大家能看到进展与讨论的不中断。

我感谢大家对我的文章的评议,无论褒贬。我对不能以事实与逻辑为基础的争议不感兴趣。我特别对能指正我错失,带来新的观点与看法,或为我提供资料的人表示感谢。

No comments: